Friday, May 7, 2010

Exit - College

Handing in my video art was the final task i needed to get done before i was officially done with my undergrad. I had trouble trying to come up with a topic because we were allowed to do anything. I enjoyed this project, but i wish i knew more with animation so i could of made a more interesting video. I LOVED doing my performance art piece. That was by far my favorite project this semester. I loved the way it felt to be up there in front of people and doing something so out on context. I kept laughing while i was out on Bayshore, that was the only problem that i kept running into. Other than that, it was a great experience. My least favorite project was the flip book because i could not fill up all the pages, and i am not that talented at drawing. I also enjoyed the grid art because there is a grid in so many things and it was interesting to see everyone's ideas.

I learned a lot from this class. My mother was an art major and i wonder if she has any idea about all the people out there that do performance art. I would have loved for her to sit in on a class, but she does not live in Florida. I also realized in this class that everything is art, and it is everywhere ( just put a frame around it). This class was very different than any other class i have ever taken. Each project we were pretty much allowed to do what ever we wanted. That gave me a little trouble because i like structure and i like to know what i need to do on a project in order to receive a good grade. I am glad i took this class and glad i had Santiago as a teacher, it was an experience that i will not forget.

GRADUATION on Saturday :-)

2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU!!! Please post pics of your performance art piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never mind, I found the pics :-)

    ReplyDelete