Monday, May 3, 2010

Pipilotti Rist



The first thing we were shown on Pipilotti was her video, Im not a girl that misses much. This video was very interesting. It was video art, and used many different techniques throughout the entire video. I think it was very interesting and the way her voice went faster and slower when the video was doing the same thing. This video kind of reminded me of the grudge, i think it was that movie. The movie had a freaky looking person close up to the screen and it kind of scared me. She kind of reminded me of that.

I went to her website, and right away
it reminded me of being a little kid. It is very colorful and has strange looking picture on it. Under project i found something very interesting, but i could not understnad what she was saying. She might have been speaking a different language, but i did not know what one. The entire page was white, with a hole in it where a person was on the other side. She looked like a witch and that she was trapped in a place that she did not want to be.

It kind of looks like she is stuck in hell and is trying to get out.
Most of her images on her web site, are distorted, they look like when the tv is full of static. i think it is cool that her images all have women in them, i bet she likes to use her self as her art. I think it is great when an artist can use themselves as the art and be the one who creates it. I think it shows that you are even more talented to use your self in your own work.

Be nice to me- One of her videos that i watched, was just of her face flattened to the camera. This was one of her performance pieces. She had make up on and was smearing it all over the camera and you would just watch her move her face back and forth from right to left.

No comments:

Post a Comment