Sunday, April 25, 2010

Nam June Paik & The residents

His tv installations are my favorite. They look like they took up so much of his time and that they have great meaning to him. I do not get the point of the girl with the tvs on her chello. I guess this image also ties into the girl with the Tv bra. After Tokyo he spends most of his time in New York. I think it would have been amazing to be living in New York when all these artists and muscians were there. Everyone wanted to be in New York to get famous.

When i saw The residents, my first reaction was to laugh. They are a very strange group. I am looking at some of their performances on YouTube. One of them is called burning love and they are just dancing around with cowboy hats on and masks and their eyes are just like lights shining through their masks. All they are doing is silly dance moves, that me and my friends could do. They do this through out the entire video. The Residents also have media titled, Everyone comes to the Freak show. I feel liek they just want to be extreme and try to do performances that will make people talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment