Monday, April 19, 2010

Performance art


I LOVED this project. At first i was confused and was not sure what i was going to, then i thought i love making an ass out of myself. I am not shy and i always act sillt in public, because i do not care what other people think about me. I thought it would be fun to paint my body and act like a statue, i thought doing it in the mall. Then the problem was how to get to the mall with all the paint on, i did not want to make a mess out of my car. So i decided on bayshore at around 6pm. There are always a ton of people out there and people who will be conservative and working out and this would be a great stop to do my performance art. My friend Jenna helped me with the project, she is the other red person. When i told her my idea, she told me that she HAD to be part of it. At first we were just standing as statues, then sitting on the wall. Then we tried laying in the grass, but the best one we made was when we were just dancing and interacting with one another. It was great when children walked by " Daddy why are there red people?" It was so hard not to laugh at this. This is something i would enjoy doing in my free time :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment